Thursday 10 December 2015

Baking Christmas Cookies

I don't bake. Full stop. But now I have two little toddlers (boys of 2 and 4 years old), it is holiday and I need to keep them busy in a positive way. So I decided to let them help me bake Christmas cookies. In Afrikaans we call it a "bak-en-brou" activity.

Step 1 was to get a non-flop recipe. I got this "In Katrina's kitchen" at http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/best-sugar-cookie-recipe-ever/




Step 2: Measure out all the ingredients into separate bowls (just to make life easier when boys want to grab everything!) [I added half a teaspoon of cinnamon to recipe.]

Step 3: Wash hands and put on aprons.

Step 4: Mix

Step 5: Mommy mixes, makes a ball of dough and rolls out the dough. At first I let the boys roll it out themselves but it was so uneven...

Step 6: Use cookie cutters to cut out cookies

Step 7: Spray oven pan with Spray-and-cook. Place cookies in pan and in oven.
[Mistake: I put to many in so they "got into each other's space" when baking. Next batch I out much less in.]

Step 8: Take out of oven and put on cooling rack. [They were a bit whiter than I thought it would be.]

Step 9: Put in cookie container. / Eat!!! [It tastes real good!]




No comments:

Post a Comment