Monday 14 April 2014

Starting a blog

I'm entering unknown territory today. I always see myself as "technologically disabled", but after listening to the program "Praat saam"
on the South African radio station RSG, I decided to try this out. They were talking about blogging, how much people enjoyed it, how people shared ideas, how it has helped people, etc.

I thought it sounded like fun. Many things happen in a woman’s life each day – so why not share it and try to see something positive in everything that happens? I’m an ordinary woman, a teacher and a mother. And “out there” are millions of other ordinary women with great thoughts to share.

My first choice would be to type in my home language, Afrikaans, which is one of the 11 official languages spoken in South Africa. But I realise that most people understand English – so English it will be.

So let’s see if we can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment