Friday 5 February 2016

2 ingredient pizza base - what really happened

Here is the ACTUAL recipe that works. [The story below will tell you how I got to this one.]

2 Ingredient pizza dough

Makes 8 large great-tasting thin-based pizzas

Ingredients
1kg tub of plain yoghurt
10 cups of flour

Method:

  • Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
  • Mix ingredients and knead the dough into a ball.
  • Cut ball into 4 and then halve each quarter. Roll into 8 little dough balls.
  • Roll each ball out in a circular shape.
  • Spray Spray-and-cook on pizza plate.
  • Put rolled-out dough on pizza plate and add desired toppings.
  • Bake for 5 minutes (per pizza)


THE STORY...


The recipe I found on the internet says...
1 cup flour
1 cup plain yoghurt

We are 4 people...so I thought I would use 4 cups of flour and 4 cups plain yoghurt.

I put in my 4 cups of flour and start measuring out the yoghurt. So I see that the 1kg tub of yoghurt gives you exactly 4 cups - which I though was nice.

I start mixing the ingredients - and it is all sticky...
So I add some more flour...
and some more...
and some more...

I ended up with this recipe:

1kg tub of plain yoghurt
10 cups of flour

So now I've got my dough. I divide it in 4 for 4 people...
 
  

I'm rolling the dough out. It is NOT easy to try and roll it in a circular form.

I spray my pizza plate with Spray-and-cook (I've learned the hard way that this is one thing you should never forget to do.)

Put on base topping and all the other stuff...



I put it in the oven....and as I'm watching it I realise my base looks a bit thick...and I start to worry that everything on top will be totally dry and the base still raw...
Not the case...10 minutes later I had my first pizza.

I decide to divide the left over balls in 2. From the smaller ball I roll a thinner pizza base.

I put it in the oven and 7 minutes later it is totally overcooked!

So the last 2 pizzas I put in for 5 minutes each at 220 degrees Celsius and they came out perfect.

Voila! Dinner for 4!

I did end up freezing some of the dough. 


Taste: GREAT!!! It tastes REAL, not like the fake taste of frozen pizza bases

And pudding?

An old-fashioned vanilla cake with vanilla icing. YUM!!!

Total time spent on making dinner:
Cake: 10 min
Make pizza while cake is baking: 30 minutes
Bake 4 pizzas: 27 minutes
Dishes and cleaning the kitchen: 25 minutes









No comments:

Post a Comment